Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ode to NetFlix

I subscribed to Netflix a little under two months ago. I hadn't done it before because I don't watch many movies and paying $10 a month to see an occasional movie I wouldn't pay to see in a theater seemed like a waste, but shoot was I a dope!

I've gotten about 20 discs delivered in the past 2 months, and not once have I rented a recent theatrical release! Who knew I could get all of these old shows! I've rented mysteries from the 30's... The Thin Man, Mike Shane, Phio Vance, Bulldog Drummond. I've rented old series that, once upon a time, were on PBM Mystery...Sgt Cribb, Tommy & Tuppence, the original Mrs. Marple. I've rented old Marx brothers comedies, TV shows I liked once upon a time like The Avengers, The Man From Uncle, and that's not all!

Netflix has this online streaming feature now. Man this is great!!! I can look at old favorites like The Good Life, Waiting for God, Perry Mason, Murder She Wrote whenever I want, not just if/when some network wants to broadcast them. I can discover English comedies, mysteries and detective shows that I never would have known about...and have: The Last Detective, Rising Damp, Hamish McBeth. Oh, and with my PC2TV setup, I can watch those streams on the TV in the living room...cool!

And all for $9.65 a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment