Sunday, August 18, 2019

Banana-Chocolate Pudding...

...with Cheerios!

Okay, I had a bunch of banana's that were getting overly ripe and it was too hot for banana bread, so banana pudding!  I didn't have a box of vanilla pudding mix, but I did have a box of the chocolate mix, and banana's go well with chocolate, so why not! I also didn't have any vanilla wafers, but I did have an open box of cheerios and I figured...why not? I decided to experiment.

I made up the chocolate pudding, per the box's directions: 2 cups of milk, box of pudding mix and whip until combined, pour into a bowl and let firm up in the refrigerator.  Then in a glass casserole dish, I layered, cheerios, pudding, and sliced bananas and put the the casserole back in the fridge. I didn't add cream whip to the top, but we sprayed whip chocolate topping on the servings we scooped into bowls to eat.

It was good! :)

The cheerios will soften, dissolve down to mush really, if the pudding sits too long. My solution when that started to happen was to add more cheerios to the bowl before scooping more pudding in each time we ate it. The crunch with the pudding/banana proved to be a real winner, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment