Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Homemade Oats and Honey Granola

 I'm working on a recipe for granola and this is my first attempt.

cups of Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 cup of Honey
3 Tbsp Oil (I used Canola)
3 Tbsp Flaxmeal
3 Tbsp Chia Seeds (~36 grams)
1 Large Egg White (rather than more oil)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt

1. Mixed it all together making sure the Oats, Chia and Flaxmeal all got covered in the oil, egg white and honey.

2. Spread in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet and pressed down firmly.

3. Baked at 300F for 20 minutes, then turned over with a spatula to make sure all the mixture got browned and pressed down flat again.

4. Baked at 300F for another 20 minutes, until the top was golden brown.

5. Removed and let cool for, at least, an hour...don't mess with it as it needs to set.

6. After it cooled I used the spatula (and my hands) to break into chunks.


1 comment:

  1. Worked well! I think I might leave out the Chia or Flaxmeal next time. Oh, and reduce the amount of oats to 2 cups as 3 was crowding my pan.

    ReplyDelete