Friday, August 7, 2009

Just Another Day


Listening to: Sister Lost Soul
by Alejandro Escovedo.

This is from his Real Animal album. Alejandro is the brother of Pete Escovedo (drummer for Santana) and uncle of the infamous Shelia E. Alejandro has been bouncing around the music scene since the 60's, but never hit it big. This song, however, I really like.

I can't say I was enthused about the rest of Real Animal, though.


Thinking about
: Sixth Sense Technology as demoed by Dr. Pattie Mae.
I thought MicroSoft's Surface was cool, but that pales in comparison to this! I really think this will be the break through technology of 2010 or 2011. Imagine being about to project information from the internet onto any surface and manipulate it. Imagine walking up to a stranger and having information about him projected onto his shirt, or whispered in your ear. Imagine getting real-time reviews of books just by picking them up. This is going to be hands-free IPhone, IPod, Surface, your new Digital Personal Assistant! Of course, I will still want my Dynabook. :)

Reading Enter a Murderer by Ngaio Marsh.
Having exhausted Dorothy Sayers and Agatha Christie, I've started on Ngaio Marsh. Enter a Murderer is the second book of the Inspector Alleyn series. I finished the first book, A Man Lay Dead, a few weeks ago...it wasn't great, but it was Marsh's first effort and has been universally rated as her worst. It is with this second book that she begins to "hit her stride."

-- 30 --

No comments:

Post a Comment