Monday, August 10, 2009

Walking!

I've been doing the "10,000" steps a day thing for the last 3 months. Yes, I've lost some weight, but to be honest, I lost more in the 3 months before I started exercising. :)

Most days, I do three miles either on the road or on a treadmill. That gives me 6,000+ steps right there. I can get another 1 to 2 thousand just walking around the house before I go to bed. The rest I get from just moving around.

When I get back to teaching later this month I'm going to have a problem keeping up this pace. My schedule is going to keep me at work until about 9 pm three nights a week. I'll have time during the day to get in the steps, but if I do the *work* while at work, I'll also sweat like a pig. That's going to be a problem.

Well, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment